Sunday, October 23, 2011

Last night I finally.....

had to nark....I don't enjoy narking -  it is not my thing but when you have done all you can do and the well being of dogs are involved {and the lack of  my little ones and my sleep}.  I do not give a crap of what people think. Hubby and I have spoken to these friggin hard headed neighbors on 5 separate occasions about their friggin barking dogs. I have offered to watch/babysit the dogs if they are ever in a bind..Last night was the last F* straw we had had enough.

Barking started at 11:00 did not end until way bast 2:30.. I will not bore you with the background if you want to read what we have been through go Here .
I do not know if these people just don't get it or just do not care. I believe the mother hears me when I speak to her about this but is not listening. But enough is enough..You have dogs you accept the responsibilities that come with it. In this case you cannot leave the DAMN dogs by themselves for long periods of time because they are lonely, anxious, scared  - which equals to long bouts of barking on the deck that is right by  LDG's bedroom and mine.

This is what I wish I could paint on my roof in the neighbors direction
 At least when I was outside trying to get the dogs to go back in the house through the tiny dogie door I was welcomed by the sight of other neighbors in their jammies wondering were the hell all the barking was coming from...Thank you... now I am not the only one who is bothered by this.  The other neighbors were pissed and they informed me that this was not the only time they have called the sheriff regarding the treatment of the dogs. The sheriff arrived quickly but he informed us that their is really nothing he can do {but at least their is a report just in case we need to contact the SPCA}. He left a card with a note on the door explaining the situation and too take care of it, so hopefully this time they GET IT!
Let see what happens today when they finally show their faces. In the mean time I am off to the beach, awesome weather {80's} so we are off to get the fur monkeys wet....Happy Sunday!

11 comments:

joeh said...

Get together with your neighbors, and on a night when the offenders are home and asleep you should all point those obnoxious horns you get at football games and blow....every 15 minutes (take turns) It will cost you a night sleep, but you are losing that anyway.

Cranky Old Man

Sheri said...

I hear you! We have the same issue with our neighbor but it is just 1 scared, lonely dog. 3 would drive me even more insane. I hope they get the point. I want to smack mine upside her ignorant head, but that will only get ME in trouble.

Unknown said...

We had a string of neighbors who'd put their dog outside and just them them bark. And bark. And bark. They'd get the other dogs going. Barking all day every day. All night every night.

Thank GOD they finally moved away. It's really annoying when you know it's not the dog's fault. The owners are butt heads who either have no clue how to take care of a dog or just don't want to.

The people that just moved away--they'd leave their dog penned up for hours. We never saw them take her for a walk. :(

Anonymous said...

Good for you for reporting them. I probably would have contacted animal control so they are aware these dogs are being mistreated and left alone, outside in the elements for long periods of time. Hope the dogs can find a better home. Irresponsible people really piss me off!

B

Andrea said...

I just wandered over from Thinking in my Head, and with a hello from Ned Flanders and so much other fun looking stuff to click on, I just had to follow!

Unknown said...

Thanks for linking up at Sasse Sunday Social :)
Kim
www.thesasselife.com

Renee-The Hungry Monster said...

Hi, I'm following you from the Sasse life blog hop!
http://attackofthehungrymonster.blogspot.com/

Isa said...

Poor you, first your child, now the neighbours' dogs!
Hope it gets better...

Pounds4Pennies said...

Your newest follower from the hop!

Thanks,

Lacey said...

Ugh. My neighbor's dog was like that, and he is right next to two of my kid's rooms. He would wake my daughter up all the time. I haven't heard him much recently, so they must have realized the pup wanted their attention. It was so annoying!

Kerry said...

Annoying!! Hope it gets sorted. Thank goodness my old neighbours moved out and took their high pitched barking dog with them!!! Good luck :)

Feeling the love......