Thursday, October 13, 2011

What is this friggin desire....

too be famous? I mean I almost lost my shit the other day when I overheard the following coming from the mouth of I would assume was a 17 year female. "Oh....like I totally know what I want to do with my life...I like want to get a reality show, make lot's of money and I that would be like...totally coool. I was dumbfounded..
However I could not blame her,  because take a  look around,  the crazies have taken over the asylum. Everywhere I turn no name people are getting famous for not being famous and they are laughing all the way to the bank. I am talking books, endorsements and all the merchandising that goes with it. I am not going to lie I  as a viewer am to blame because I watch some of this crap but I cannot be the only one bringing in the ratings. I guess I am just wondering what has happened to hard work? It seem that the some of the young generation just is not into working and expect everything to be handed to them via a get rich quick plan or via the reality route.  I mean it is really sad what I have seen lately. It does not help that I live in the land of the spoiled child - Do you wanna hear what I overheard at the grocery store while I was coupon shopping and trying to stay on budget.

"Katen what would you like for dinnner tonight?" Mommy asked while checking her blackberry.....Pause and roll eye look from little Katen.  "But mommy you told me we could have dinner at the "club" tonight". I swear the kid was like 5...WTF???? Seriously....I just threw up in my mouth ALLOT. 

I guess in this day and age it does not matter because all around me I am seeing people who have busted their asses for years working hard get the shaft from douche bag banks, owners and just f*C*Ked up people. And on the other hand I see people *if you call some of them people* on reality shows raking in a ton of money and I guess they are the smart ones.  I just don't get it.  I think I am becoming jaded with the world as a whole. Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer today but shit what the hell is going on? Peace

8 comments:

Babaloo said...

As someone who has worked non-stop since the age of 16... I can't agree with you more. Hey, you're not a downer... we're all (with the exception maybe of "Katen" and her mommy) thinking it.

Mariebop said...

If everyone was crazy enough to be on a reality show, there wouldn't be any reality shows. LOL!!

I used to want to be famous at 17, but I wanted to be a singer. Same thing really. Just a different method of getting famous. They'll grow up and figure it out... or be homeless and unemployed.

Mommy Bags said...

So true....so true ladies :0)

Kerry said...

YEAH and they don't have to budget!! Damn it...

Unknown said...

that is the mentality of teeny-boppers nowadays -- even my two teenage sons have a youtube channel where they post the most ridiculous videos ever in hopes of being the next youtube star! (shakes head)

celebrities are gods... and we all fuel that fire. i admit that i love good gossip & smut... heh!

btw -- sent ya a triberr invite, should be in your messages on twitter! :)

mbc said...

I TOTALLY agree!!! The crazies you see on TV now... I don't get it either. It's like people have an obsession of watching the nut-balls, so that their lives seem a little more normal. Personally, I may pause briefly to get a good laugh at their pathetic attempt at fame. Other than that, it's garbage.

Mommy2¢ said...

What?... You don't think Snooki getting piss drunk and flashing her cooka everywhere isn't fame worthy??? What's wrong with you?! LOL

btw - "Oh....like I totally know what I want to do with my life...I like want to get a reality show, make lot's of money and I that would be like...totally coool" -- I want to stab that skank in her eye! When I overhear teens talking like this I'm sure the not so discrete look on my face of disgust let's them know I think they're complete f*cking idiots!... I can't help it!

Rebecca said...

i guess what we've learned is that if your crazy enough you can have a reality show and make lots of money

Feeling the love......