Saturday, October 1, 2011

When did it become........


OK for the groom to be involved in the choosing of the bridal gown? Did I miss something or when did men become so...so....not men? I mean I was cruising the TV channels to see what was on {800 channels and never anything on} when I stopped on whatever TLC's buy a wedding dress show was on - I think it was Atlanta and here is this Douchy McDoucheson telling his soon to be wife that she looks like shit in her dress even though she looked stunning - {his was a nicer version but I would have more respect for the dude if he was straight up with her}. I do not get it WHY is he there? I am not one for the ultra traditional matrimony customs type of gal  - whatever floats your boat,  but this one bugs the shit out of me. Porquoi?  Because your a friggin dude and seeing you slumped over in a creme chair at a bridal salon among lace and silk just does not add up. Also you are sitting there giving your 2 cents on a gown  - you see sexy bride,  your STBW wants understated elegance or princess{pfft hate that word}. When did dudes become so involved in the whole wedding process? When is "metro sexual" to "metro sexual"? I mean really..... you want to pick out wedding favors, deal with bitchy bridesmaids and have to listen to your fiancee complain about seating arrangements. Why aren't you watching football, or throwing a football or fixing a car? Helping and supporting your STBW  fine being up your brides ass about every detail so not! I am pretty sure I am going to get my teeth kicked in for this one...but I need my man to be a man and not some overly obnoxious teen age girl getting ready for their first formal. Geeze!

Woooof I feel better now.....


11 comments:

CaffeinatedOCMommy said...

LOL! Okay Darling, here's my take... LOL!!! I can't help it, this is one of those Dos & Don'ts moments. Blowing kisses... xoxo

Jo said...

Gotta agree. There was no way I was going to let my man even SEE my gown before the wedding, much less see me IN it or CHOOSE it for me. The only thing he had to do for our wedding was find the photographer and videographer. Everything else was mine to do. Lots of work, yes, but I mean, he's the man. How's he going to know what flower arrangements to get? :)

Jo
http://bumbumgerms.blogspot.com/

Rebecca said...

you have not met the guy I sit next to at work. He said he chose everything for their wedding. His wife was not allowed at all in the process of planning and now that they are about to have a baby, he will not allow her to be involved with anything there either. He planned the shower, picked the theme of the room, picked out everything, planned how she is going to give birth {i'm writing a blog post on that. You won't believe this guy} and everything like that. He says it is not up to the wife but up to him to plan all these things

Unknown said...

ack -- i am the first to admit that i totally lack the wedding/bride gene -- in theory it looks like fun but sucks in execution -- hence why i haven't planned my own wedding!
anywho...
my point is that i don't wanna be in there pickin' out dresses and sure as hell wouldn't wanna marry a man who would.

ew!

Theresa said...

LOL! this is why i dont watch these shows i get so upset and start yelling at the tv for no reason at all lol. its silly the way they act Im glad u are feeling better after that rant lol hope ur weekend is great !

A day in Candiland said...

When I planned my wedding, I had to beg my husband to help, we were young and he really didn't want any part of it. I would definitely not want him to help pick out the dress.

Cheryl@OntheOldPath said...

I wasn't much into planning my own wedding so I can't imagine a husband to be coming and 'over helping' with the dress. My guy did come and help pick out the cater food very important! :)

Nora said...

Oh my. I think it's the bride's day, she should wear whatever she pleases!


From MBC, would love a follow back!
your new follower!
http://eyevida.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

new gfc follower from SHS hop (purse icon) please follow me back at http://www.simplyshopandsave.ca

joeh said...

Tell it to my wife who makes me watch that show!

She is turning me gay!!


Cranky Old Man

Mommy2¢ said...

Ok...first things first -- Love your new look! AND you now have a button!! YAYYY!!

I don't watch any of those wedding type shows (much less anything on that junk channel TLC). It's makes me wanna jam a fork in eye. I don't know how you got through it. It did make for an funny post though!

Feeling the love......