Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The urge to purge....

LDG being kept busy while mama cleans up closets..
Do you have some of those days were you get up, look around and go...Man I have allot of shit! Well I have been going through this feeling for the last month and I am ready to start purging Casa Crazy. Maybe it is because of have caught a few episodes of Hoarders and Clean House and man just watching that show makes me friggin anxious. How the hell can people live like that? I would have a mental breakdown not being able to walk in my own home. I am nothing like these cases I am on the other end of the spectrum.  We have accumulated allot of stuff as a couple the last few years, add a toddler and all her shit and it is sensory overload for me. So in the next few weeks I am purging out the stuff we no longer have the need for. I mean for the love of God I have an attic full of business suits that I know for a fact I will no longer be using...why because I do not see myself ever going back to the 9-5 corporate grind been there done that...too much stress for not a whole lotta of pay back. That was fun when I was 25 no longer fun when your almost 42 and just not in the mood to play the games. I would rather have 3 little part time jobs  I do on my own time {so I can be here for LDG} than one uber stressful "corporate job". I have seen wayyyy to many people give up their lives and their health for these "opportunities"  only to end up getting a swift kick in the ass when you are no longer needed.

I am in the process of getting a little Ebay store together and on that site I am going to sell shoes, LDG barely used clothing and my clothing/shoes that I no longer fit in or wear. What is the saying go through your closet if you have not worn it for a year it goes bu by. Most of my goods are classic pieces so I am hoping they will go quickly. I also have a ton and one toys, soon to be baby furniture. Neighbor/friend and I been talking about having a block garage sale, since all of the females around here have had babies in the last few years we have a whole lotta stuff to get rid of.   Why not, make some $$$ and have some fun in the mean time. Below is a little preview of some of the shoes that I  will be getting rid of. ****These pieces were accumulated during the years of my stupid ass spending BUT I will not apologize for loving some nice shoes******




8 comments:

Sarah @ Vol Family Life said...

Beautiful shoes! I have the urge to purge... some people. But seriously we did a huge purge befor E was born and I already feel like I need to do it again.

Andrea said...

When don't I wake up surprised that the insane amount of crap in our house hasn't risen up, banded together and suffocated me in my sleep!? Then I watch hoarders and think oooh, I'm not bad at all!" I tried a trick I learned on some show. Put all of your clothes that are on hangers with them hooked "backwards" flip the hanger as item is worn...set a timeframe, and then you will really know what wasn't worn! I want somewhere to wear those shoes, and feet worthy of them!

Unknown said...

I have been purging here and there also. We have so much crap. We even have a storage unit right down the street from our house because it all won't fit in the garage. We have so much junk sometimes I have no idea where to start or how to organize it all....in fact I have some cleaning up to do now....the desk....piles of mail and crap!

Michael Ann said...

Just TALKING about this stresses me out. I am someone who loves to throw stuff. I hate too much stuff, it makes me feel chaotic. DH is a small-scale hoarder and it drives me insane. He will only get rid of stuff under duress, but seems to replace things very quickly. He has stacks and stacks of junk everywhere. That is why I gave up trying to clean. Grrr.... stop me now.

Kerry said...

Hope your day was successful cleaning out!! It feels good doesn't it? I so need to feel that :)

Kerry said...

Hope your day was successful cleaning out!! It feels good doesn't it? I so need to feel that :)

Kerry said...

Hope your day was successful cleaning out!! It feels good doesn't it? I so need to feel that :)

Kerry said...

Whoops!!!

Feeling the love......