Monday, October 10, 2011

I tend to forget the furry


babies when the human one came along. I think that sometimes the pooches are placed on the side lines because we are so busy catering to the baby. And for that I totally feel like a loser. Today as I came back from wet grocery shopping {it is raining outside} I was trying to get my bags through the door and get my lovely daughters out of the rain and mud pool she was playing in I tripped on one of the dogs and landed on my ass. I lost it and just friggin yelled 5 minutes worth of profanities to make anyone blush - my daughter was already in the play room by this time and I hope to god she did not hear.






 After my outburst I looked over and saw both of my dogs looking at me like..."Ma WTF we didn't mean to make you angry...we still love you." and I completely melted and we had a good old fashioned tummy scratch moment amongst the grocery bags and a very wet toddler.  LDG is down for her nap right now and as I am sitting here blogging away I have both of my fur monkeys on either side of me snoring away both of them with this awsome smile only golden retrievers can give.......

14 comments:

Actually Mummy... said...

Ah they forgive everything don't they? That's what makes them so lovable despite the smells and the mess. If only my kids had fur.... ;-)

emma - The Good Parent Guide said...

I popped over to your site from Mingle Monday Blog Hop. I loved this post as it struck a cord with me. We have a Westie and he was my baby for a few years before the children came. I still love Ernie to bits but I do not give him the time he deserves, yet he still shows me unconditional love.

joeh said...

Goldens always sneak up and lean against your leg. If you are not paying attention they will trip you every time.

Friggin retrievers, they only want to please and get a little scratch!

Cranky Old Man

Theresa said...

awww yes the puppies get left out how u cute u took time to show them love! dont u love when they look at u like are u ok give me a hug and ill make u feel better

Sarah @ Vol Family Life said...

I do the same thing. And then I feel all guilty. Sometimes I think I send my dogs mixed signals. "WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS IN MY WAY?!?!?!" one second and the next, "Awww, come snuggle with momma. I need some kisses" I think they think I have split personality...

Lioness said...

Wow!!!

I needed a dose of great posts. thanks for the multiple treats.


I and showing lots of blog love.


Lioness

Cavinder Family said...

I love your blog, so I've awarded you with The Versatile Blogger Award! Check it out at cavinderfamily.blogspot.com

And...you can't ever forget about the pups. I do the same thing you do, but man, all they want to do is LOVE, huh?

Unknown said...

awwwww makes me miss our pup!

what gorgeous furbabies!

Lacey said...

My cat trips me all the time. I've decided I am not a cat person.

I'd really like to adopt a dog, especially since my son walks around looking for "his doggy." He has even named this dog he does not have yet. We were at PetSmart the other day and he stood there staring at the pups up for adoption, when we left he was crying and telling me we left his dog at the store. Way to break Mommy's heart, kid.

But you're not the only one who sometimes forgets the fur babies while caring for the human kids. I do it too.

Lacey
Little Miss Nerd Girl

Jenny Georgio-who said...

I love my fur baby but he did sort of take a back seat to my human baby. I'm so happy that my dog forgives everything. He forgives us ignoring him until D goes to sleep, he forgives us for feeding him a little later than his normal dinner time.

Dogs are the most loyal creatures in the world. I couldn't imagine my life without Big D. (Dog is Dallas, baby is Demi)

Im A Silly Mami said...

LOL! Love your post. I have a 21 month old and four dogs. I'm constantly tripping over them and do exactly what you did - then smother them with kisses and treats bcuz I feel guilty - LOL! New follower.

www.imasillymami.com

Mommy Bags said...

I know ladies I worship my doggies we cuddled for a few hours yesterday while LDG was napping and it was sooo good for both if us

Irish Italian Blessings said...

Adorable pics of the pups! I totally know what you mean, I swear every time we bring home a new baby he just gives us that look like: "WTF? Another one?" lol

bag studios said...

yay, cute dogs... my dogs and cats are my treasures... they simply give us the best kind of love...

Feeling the love......