Sunday, October 30, 2011

A litte bit of this and a little bit of......

that. That is what yesterday was. It is hard to believe that it is almost November because based on our weather it is more like summer. Our weather has been friggin unbelievable I am talking about mid 70's to 80's.  Friday afternoon hubby came home early and we decided to take a walk to our little downtown area {LDG had a slight cold and I was drained Thursday} so we were home all day, a little walk sounded so good. When you are stuck home all day with a toddler you just wanna get out and do anything and that is what we did. We just strolled and enjoyed the scenery. Sometimes in life you need to stop and enjoy what is around you.  With today's 24/7 go go society I feel sometimes we do not take advantage of all the beauty that surrounds us.

With my daddy
Saturday it was a super packed with the kiddie Halloween festivities. We got LDG into her Halloween Costume...Hello check her out below. I know she is my kid but I think she is super damn cute in her red riding hood outfit.

Scoping out the loot

Ehhm mom how long do I need to be in this get up
We did the trick or treat thingy at the mall,  which was kinda of cool. I love the way all the stores get together and make it special for the kiddies. We might have to convince them next year that a wine garden would be an added bonus to the festivities....lol. It was fun, it was hot, it was loud and after an hour and half we were done. After all that fun shit we got together with a group of our neighbors that live in the cul de sac and got our wine on {in a responsible manner} while the kids ran around with their costumes. Monday will be the official trick or treat night and were we live they shut down the streets with a bunch of fun ass shit, haunted house, parade, candy...you get the drill. I love to see the expression on my little one face experiencing all this new stuff.  It is pretty unbelievable to think that a few years ago my Halloween weekends had a whole different meaning and costume choices.

Today it is all about relaxing, hanging out with hubby and LDG and just doing us. All in all I would say it has been a super friggin fantastic weekend.




11 comments:

Theresa said...

she looks tooo adorable! how cute looks like a relaxing day =) i love doing the mall thing they do make it special for them

Rebecca said...

cute pictures

Andrea said...

Those are very cute photos!!!

Kerry said...

That sounds so cool!! I wish we had something like what you described :) Her costume is ADORABLE, I luv it!! It sounds like you guys had a real nice day, hope LDG got heaps of candy xo

Lacey said...

I love her costume! And she IS adorable.

Unknown said...

omgosh what a cutie-patootie she is!!! love the costume & i am sooo jealous of your awesome weather -- we had freakin' snow last night?!?!?!

happy halloween!

Anonymous said...

So cute!
Thanks for stopping by my blog, I was able to start up google friend connect. I wouldn't have even known there was a problem, so thanks for letting me know!

Alicia Polka Dot Elephant

Sarah @ Vol Family Life said...

She's so cute! I love black patent leather mary janes and ruffly socks! Relaxing fun weekends make the very best memories!

Unknown said...

Yes I would have to agree she is super cute! I love relaxing days:)
We have never done the mall thing but we might have to try it out next year.

Judy said...

So cute! I love her costume.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Following you back.

OvertiredMommy.com

Mommy2¢ said...

Your daughter is freakin precious!

Feeling the love......