Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Wow this is a really scary article....

I have been guilty of doing a couple on this lists.......Popcorn is sometimes my daughters lunch because that is all she wants and I do not want to deal with an argument. Ouch that hurt......

What's your deepest, darkest secret? Moms confess in our survey


Every mom has a secret.
“I cry myself to sleep sometimes because I am overwhelmed and I don't feel like I can talk to anyone about it.”
“I honest to goodness do not like my son most of the time and knowing that KILLS me.”
“I believe ice cream for breakfast is not such a bad thing.”

Getty Images stock
Shhh! Don't tell anyone, but secretly I...
TODAY.com and Parenting.com surveyed more than 26,000 moms about their secrets and confessions – and discovered plenty that doesn’t get discussed at play dates. Even in our post-Oprah, confessional culture, there are some things moms just don’t say out loud.
Sometimes the secrets are things we do:
  • Nearly one in five moms admits medicating their child to get through a special event like a plane flight; one in 12 does it just to get some peace and quiet on a regular night.
  • Half have knowingly sent a sick kid to daycare or school.
  • 85 percent use their kids to get out of social obligations.
  • Nearly one in three uses work as an excuse to avoid taking care of the kids.
And sometimes the secrets are thoughts we don’t dare tell anyone else:

Live Poll

Confess: Do you have any mom secrets?
View Results
  • 156006
    No. I'm truly an open book. Ask me anything!
    29%
  • 156007
    Yes. There are plenty of things I don't want the world to know.
    71%
VoteTotal Votes: 4795
  • 44 percent of moms would rather be 15 pounds thinner than add 15 points to their child’s IQ.
  • One in four fears their partner is a better parent than they are.
  • One in ten wishes their child was the opposite sex – and of those moms, 60 percent have boys.


4 comments:

momof2 said...

It is tough being a mom sometimes! I don't think popcorn is so bad. I had that for dinner myself many times, but before the kiddos. I did let them have pancakes for dinner the other night though!

New to following you from MBC!
Danielle
http://daniellepender.com/

cssolomon said...

Thanks for the blogger love :) Your blog is super cute! You have a new follower. Have a good week!

Terri said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog for the past few days for I have awarded you with The Versatile Blogger Award. I hope you stop by my page an except the award :)

Terri
http://mompointofview.blogspot.com/

Ciao MJB said...

Thanks for the love guys I decided that I would be as truthful as possible on this blog and tell it like it is. I am sooo excited to accept the Versatile Blogger Award from Ms. Terri her blog is super awesome. Thanks again guys....***wahhhhh you made me so happy******
I am truly truly touched...:0)

Feeling the love......