Thursday, August 25, 2011

Yesterday it happened......


The I feel gulity jumpy house

the worst possible thing that could ever happen to a paranoid first time mom..... I lost sight of my child for 10.2 seconds and lost about 5 years off my life. Yep I lost my shit in the middle of the local Babies R Us. And let me tell you I never ever want to feel that panicked again.....The seconds might not add to much but I tell you while I was looking for her it seemed like an eternity!

My little nugget felt a little better yesterday so I decided we wold take a stroll to to the GS {grocery store} yes...again...After the GS I decided to stop by the babies r us to pick up some supplies. I promised myself I would be in and out.....I never ever take LDH out of the store cart - just because some of these places are so huge, I am super paranoid and I do not want to take someone out with a punch if they mess with my kid...

Of course because it's me and this one time I decide to bend the rules a bit I get shot in the ass with the I told you so fairy. I decided it was OK for LDG to do some walking since she has been cooped up for the last week.  We were walking, I was holding her hand..... ok so far so good. Of course I spotted this super cute sweater  that would look great with LDG's new "beatlish" booties and I  let go of her hand for one second, one second....I look back down from the rack and she....is....not...there....were she was just 2 seconds ago. Calm...Calm.... I called out her name the first few times in a soft tone...no answer...shit....The second time around a little higher note....still no answer......Oh God.......the third time I yelled and I am loud! NO answer...Damn....no sight of her. At this point I am on freak out status! No one has noticed the complete look of panic on my face.

All these bad thoughts are running through my mind at about a million miles an hour...and I will soon be tossing my cookies in aisle 5 of the local BRU. Baby...baby girl were are YOU!  I then I hear a soft mommy, I turn around and there is my little demon seed inside the leggings rack with a big smile on her face while sweat is dripping off of mommy's forehead. At that point I was so happy to see her and so relived I picked her up and squeezed the shit out of her!  At that moment I also felt like the worlds shittiest mommy...I felt so guilty for what just happened I might have come home with a few extra things I was not planning on getting in the first place....a big ass jumpy house with rubber balls.....yeah so shoot me!

Happy Thursday!



11 comments:

Angela GiasCloset.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela GiasCloset.com said...

Oh, Marina!! I feel your pain! You are NOT a shitty mom. It happens and it'll happen more and more as she gets older. This happens to me more often than I like to admit. I, like you, am a worrier to the MAX. I have 3 kids and 2 hands. #1 rule is you stay in my sight at all times. #2-always walk in FRONT of mommy, never behind. #3-If you want to go see something, fine...JUST ASK and WE...not YOU, will go see. I 'lost' Lila 3 times at the store Monday. She loves to hide in the clothes and play Mommy, where am I. One day, I'll tell you how Gia went missing in the Phoenix zoo near WATER. Wanna talk freak out status...SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!! Was hear across the entire zoo. Ya..that's me, lol.
Take a deep breath, let her walk around and be free (ish). It'll get easier and you will learn her behavior pretty quickly. My kids are rack hiders, not runners or wonderers...THANK GOD. You're a great Mom. Don't ever forget it!

Jenny Georgio-who said...

Oh my gosh. That is my biggest fear especially because my little D is such an independent girl. She refuses to hold your hand. I'm so happy that it was only 10.2 seconds and not longer. I couldn't imagine the fear that you experienced.

You need a super big mommy hug!

Caroline said...

That is my biggest fear, since my daughter is just starting to walk. Reading your post I could feel the fear taking over!
Thanks for visiting and for following my blog. =]
I'm now following yours.

KC Coake said...

Been there pretty much the same. They think they are so funny and so cute hiding in the racks of pants. Soooo not funny! If it makes any difference, now if I am in the clothes area and they disappear, those pants racks are the first place I look. 9 times or more out of 10, their cute little clever selves are in those racks. From a mom of 2 now 9 and 4. Following you back.
www.realcoake.blogspot.com
KC

Mommy Bags said...

Thank you for the love lovely ladies

Marcy | Fabulous Classroom said...

I HATE HATE HATE that feeling! But it happens, it really does, and it does NOT make you any less of a mom!!! New follower stopping by from Fabulous Classroom and Halloweeenkidz :) Have a great weekend!

Big D and Me said...

This has happened to me several times over three kids. It is amazing how in such a short amount of time your brain can go so many places. And hey..everyone needs a house with rubber balls...now your the best mommy

momof2 said...

You are right - that is every parents biggest fear. I feel your pain ;-)

Note I have moved my blog to http://daniellepender.com/ I would appreciate a comment and a follow there too - thanks!
Danielle

Sheri said...

I think that is the worst, most horrible, actually painful feeling in the world. I am so sorry that it happened but so glad you found her quickly (although I am sure it felt like an eternity). HUGS!

Jacqui Honeywood said...

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. They're bloody quick that's for sure. Thankfully it was a happy ending with just a few years robbed from your life :)

Popping over from the Friday Blog Hop.

Feeling the love......