Monday, August 1, 2011

The Power of the Bottle....


runs deep in this home. I am trying to ween LDG off her damn "baba". It is proving to be a much harder task than expected. LDG never took to the pacifier, does not need a special blanket but when it comes to getting her to sleep  she cannot get too sleep without that bottle. She does not suck on it the whole time she is sleeping she just seems to need it to fall asleep. It is only for her milk no other beverage. She will drink water and vitamin water in a sippy cup/straw cup. I am wondering if I will be sending her off to high school with this baba. I have tried every type of "bottle that looks like a bottle but is not really a bottle out there".  The latest one worked for a minute. Hubby and I placed her in bed the other night, and gave her the new bright orange sippy/bottle....

Mmmmm....... no sounds coming from her bedroom...OMG could it possibly be this easy...Hubby and I are looking at each other with these dopey smiles on our face....... job well done.....Then we hear what sounds like a prisoner draggin' their tin cup along the jail cell bars, and then a chuck and a thud on the hardwood floors. Yep...our little darlin' figured out this was not her beloved baba!  Hubby and I were both tired this night so we decided to just give up...something we should have NOT done but my hubby has been killing himself at work and he was not in the mood to her cry herself to sleep. We are also going to start potting training soon and we need to start curbing the amount of liquids she receives at night. I am so scared.This one has us stumped because quite frankly everything else has been pretty easy breezy with LDG - but it looks like "babagate" is definitely going to give us a run for our money. Are we ready for this?!?

Wish us luck!

4 comments:

Ann Jones said...

Getting them to get rid of the bottle can be hard, hang in there! New follower from bloggy moms, look forward to your future posts!

http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/

Ciao Mama's said...

Hello...thanks for following just started so this is all new. I will keep everyone posted on "babagate" man this one is a toughie!

Jenny said...

New Follower from Bloggy Moms. My daughter just got off the bottle at 22 months. We just took it away. It took her a week to drink milk again, but it wasn't so horrible. I promise. Just do it :) I also have an infant in the house who drinks bottles, and my toddler did fine adjusting to that also. Come visit me :) So happy to "meet" new mommy bloggers!

Jenny @ www.sippycupchronicles.com

Ciao Mamas said...

Hello Just Jenny,
Also a new follower with you via bloggy moms. Love your blog. Thank you for the advice..So you did it at 22 months? OK I am going to just do it...I will keep you posted....Thanks for following :0)

Feeling the love......