Tuesday, November 15, 2011

R.S.V.P Mo Fo's..........................


I am going to try and keep this short and sweet but knowing me probably not going to happen.  Have all manners go out the window with common courtesy and the post office? When did it become OK for people not to friggin RSVP back when you take the time to send out a written invitation? I mean I find it completely rude and it is one of my biggest pet peeves. I have heard every excuse to I lost the invitation to I did not know what RSVP meant so I ignored it- Yeah right give me a f*ckin break I do not know of a single adult who does not know what that means and if you don't google it! When planning a party it is a pain in the ass when you do not know who is going to show or not. You need to order food, goody bags, cake , entertainment and whatever else you need to make the party a success - because you know for damn the person who does not RSVP and shows up is the first person to let you know that your party SUCKED.  I mean besides getting all that shit ready because people do not take that one second to RSVP you need to waste your time chasing them down to make sure they are coming or not then they give you the tude' when you call to follow up.  I have hosted numerous parties were people do not RSVP and then just show up...WTF really...you got some balls man! Next time you will get checked!

I do not think it is a matter of not knowing better I think it is a matter of pure laziness. I am now no longer polite when I place things on my invite. I place need to know by so and so date because need to give final count to hall/restaurant/park whatever. I guess this has also one more thing that has gone out the etiquette window.....

6 comments:

Mariebop said...

My husband's sister got married this past April. Her now MIL had to call everyone on their side to ask if they were coming because no one RSVP'd. Just plan old RUDE!

CaffeinatedOCMommy said...

Darling... I can't stand those people! WTHeck is in the air nowadays? Hmmm... my lipstick is smudged just thinking about it, time to go and fix it... xoxo

Michael Ann said...

TOTALLY!!!!!!

Im A Silly Mami said...

Girl I'm right there with you! My pet peeve as well. It's rude and disrespectful. When its their turn - you get what you give!

Rebecca said...

i really am back woods first all invitations are spoken and we dont require RSVP does that make us bad party people

Unknown said...

I so agree. I am planning a party now and of course I am having to ask peeps if they are going to make it and how many kids are coming with them. ANd it makes it worst when it's family....WTF!!! In the pass I have put an RSVP by date but it didn't help so now I leave that out. What the heck people?!

Feeling the love......