Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Hot wife.....

and not so hot or funny pudgy hubby. Have you noticed the double standard of Hollwood when you watch some of these shows/movies. The other night I was watching I think it was called Couples Retreat. There was this part were the couples had to shed their clothes for some truth yoga bull shit on the beach. And surprise, surprise all the women had these little tight bodies and the dudes were all overweight, doughy and not cute to look at - well maybe except for Vice Vaughn. I have noticed that this is an alarming trend in pop culture and really a big in La La Land TV/Movies. Why is it that? Why is it that the wife/girlfriend have to be hot and put together and the hubby is a some Joe Schmo who is not cute and not in the best shape? I mean I know some of these are older sitcoms but...still it bothers the crap out of me. It is like the gray hair thing...men are distinguished and woman are just plain old.Why does this happen and were does it come from? I mean I know that most of  these are filmed in Southern California the land of the older out of shape man and the fish lipped trophy wife. Mmmmmm could it be just me I think not.



Today and tomorrow is going to a busy, busy day. Have to go to the grocery store early this am and I am scared. Based on what I saw yesterday when I was just picking up milk for the little ones the store was a nightmare. We got the organic turkey from the butcher so were picking that bird on Wed now I need to go and get all the other shit that is needed for gobble gobble day. The table has already been set and decorated in my head and the menu planned. Trying out a new dessert a torte that just looks fabulous and yummy. After this lovely holiday of bird debauchery I need to get my ass back to the gym full time. I have not gained any weight and actually lost but I do not feel that I am pushing myself to my full potential and it is time to start kicking some ass.

Happy Tuesday Y'all

10 comments:

Nicole said...

meh! you're right! lol! too bad it's the other way around here in these parts. hot hubs fat wifey! lol

ReadyOrNot said...

I hate that too! Must be a California thing, though. Look at the real housewives- Beverly Hills husbands are not cute (except for Kyle's). Atlanta and New Jersey- the men are all pretty fine!

Sarah @ Vol Family Life said...

I know what you mean! The movie I love you man is like that too! Awkward...

On the other hand your run to the grocery store could probably be considered your workout. I went twice this past weekend and it was like full contact shopping. Thank God I left the baby at home with her Daddy!

joeh said...

All I can say is sometimes It's good to be a man!


not always a

Cranky Old Man

Gillian said...

It's no coincidence, and frustrating to say the least! Thanks for speaking up...

Good luck at the grocery store! ;)

Gillian from Baby Talk without the Babble

Unknown said...

well it's obvious that hollywood is run by men -- because in the real world that shit don't float! unless the chubby hubby is rich... lol!

although i did snag myself a younger hottie -- but i am working on being his trophy wife... heh!

Annie@Letters to Mo said...

We are in some alternate universe where we are the same person living different lives in different cities. TWO DAYS AGO I was watching parts of Couples Retreat with my husband while we were getting ready to go out. I turned to him and said, "why do you get all these hotties and I get fucking Vince Vaughn and that other asshole?" He said he was just thinking the same thing.....I'm having a freaky Friday moment now....

Unknown said...

Maybe it is a California thing. I am in Northern California and I always see HOT chicks with way older men, freaks me out sometimes.
Good Luck at the grocery store. I have to go tomorrow but just to pick up a couple things. I am not leaving the house today:) the next few days are going to be hectic so the boys and I are taking it easy today.

Anonymous said...

Couples Retreat was awesome! You are totally right about these tv shows and movies though. How often to you see an overweight woman or curvy woman stripping down or with a hawt buff dude. Society sucks and needs an awakening!

Brenda
fourleggedmom.com

Michael Ann said...

OMG, THANK YOU!!! This is a HUGE issue with me and drives me NUTS!! I think this is the way it is in real life. Sorry, will get personal here. I work hard to stay in good shape, for myself and my health, and yes, to look nice and I still want my hubby to find me attractive. My hubby, otoh, has put on a lot of weight and has a beer gut. I am not attracted to that at all and he thinks it should be ok. I don't agree. Why wouldn't he want to look attractive to me? Why wouldn't he want to be in good health and good shape. This is SUCH a double-standard.

Feeling the love......