Monday, December 19, 2011

Time out........

Wow folks what a couple of on the go days. It has been pretty chaotic here at Casa Crazy trying to get ready for the holidays, planning menus for the xmas feast and getting ready for the amount of baking I have coming my way.  Let's not even get started on the presents I still need to wrap.  We also have a massive construction project that my hubby needs to put together before Xmas eve  in order to have LDG  present ready for Sunday morning. I say massive because hubby is not the handy type of man and I have a feeling their will be a whole lotta cussing and wine drinking Friday night. To top it all off  the little one is beginning to test my nerves! On Sunday little Miss Sassy Ass got her very first hard core time out. Now I am not a huge fan of time out...I believe depending on the circumstances it is kind of useless however for this particular case a big ol whoop in the ass seemed a little bit much. Miss thing decided that it would be fun to take my nail polish and hurl them at her just replaced brand spanking new closet doors which happen to be this cool art deco glass. Why you may ask because I told her to take the shoes she just took out of my closet and put them back were she found them. She went Sybil on my ass  S-Y-B-I-L! I have never seen her react that way.  At that point me and hubby looked at each other and we knew it was time.....My hubby got down to bness'. I figured I would  give him the lead since he took the nail stuff away from her. We placed her on the time out bench {which I found at Ross- I love Ross}. And proceeded with the countdown - for her first crime - 1 minute - doesn't seem like much but for a toddler that is a  lifetime. If she got up from the stool before her time was up we added 5 seconds to her time. Well she did not. I know that she realized that this time she really f*cked up and boy did she lay on the water works. I could see by the look on my hubby's face that this was killing him but we knew it had to be done. The one thing we are striving for is a well behaved toddler as well behaved as a toddler can be. Being the coolest mommy EVER I took a pic to commemorate the occasion which pissed her off even more.
Don't you love it...half on and half off the time out chair!
I was very proud of her she did her time with honor. We then sat her down and explained what she did was wrong and she was not to do it again....She hugged us both and she said something that sounded like
I dory mama,daddy...I believe her first official time out might have worked we will see what the future brings. I have a feeling this will not be her first and only time on the hot seat and doing toddler time......

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Shoes and nail polish...I guess you can't mess with those!

joeh said...

Time out AND a mug shot!

Good job!

Cranky

Unknown said...

Time outs are almost a daily thing in our house. My oldest like to hit his little brother plus neither of them listen very well and love to push our buttons.
I just love the picture of her...so funny.

Michael Ann said...

Oh, you are so bad taking that photo! But I'm glad you did :-) Good job on the time-out! I like time-outs if done properly. We say "You need to 'rest' in time out" at preschool. Gives them and everyone else a break and time to cool down!

Feeling the love......