Monday, June 6, 2011

Weeeeeerrrreeeee back.....

Hello all!!!!
I have not posted in the last few days but we were on a mini vacation in Cabo San Lucas for some fun in the sun and I truly believe when you are on vacation you are on vacation from most of the electronic devices we have allowed to take over our lives. I am totally guilty of this!
I mean a few years ago if you could not get hold of anyone via the regular ol' land line telephone you were shit out of luck! I also asked that during this trip my hubby would control the many times he checked his blackberry for work. I in turn was going to promise not to check my FB page every 1/2 hour and not blog. Vacation time is vacation time.

All in all a pretty fabu time. I would have liked to have stayed a few more days just when I was beginning to relax it was time to get up and go. Also to all mommies out there, you truly never really relax when you have a 16 month yr. old toddler walking around the pool at record speeds. My hubby and I were reminiscing to when we could just lounge around the pool for hours drinking frothy fruit drinks laced with alcohol! I could get through up teen magazines and books galore in one week trip...I am a fast reader....like super fast so I can devour a book in a day.....Now I am lucky to get through a few chapters. Ah the joys of parenthood.

The resort was beautiful and relaxing just having the ocean view from our mini villa was a relaxing start to our day. We spent most of the time hanging out by the pool chasing LDG around. LDG had a great time and it was nice just to see her laugh and play. Don't get me wrong it was not all flowers and ponies. She pulled a couple of attitudes while we were there but she is getting to that "age" were she is beginning to test us. So far we have been able to nip it in the bud, HOWEVER when she knows she is out and about she tend to pull this crap like most toddlers she just got her walking freedom so she wants to be independent...already...MAWAHHHHH!
It also took me forever to put her to sleep on the flight back but when you have a child who is so on schedule like my daughter a slight change will put her over the edge. But I will say this we have a pretty awesome little girl.

Now that we are back home it is time to get back on track. We got back on Saturday and Sunday was a hang out lazy kind of day. I did about 5 loads of laundry from the trip, got the dry cleaning ready to go, went to do a little grocery shopping since we cleared the fridge before we left, got the dogs back from my dad's house - they go through a little depression when they get back -my dad has a huge backyard that they love to run around in plus my dad has a dog and all three of them run a muck when they are together.
I know they missed us it just takes a couple of days for them to "snap out of it". But I can tell you this when they get back from my dad's doggie boot camp they are exhausted.

Got some healthy food shoved down LDG's throat, I believe she missed her veggies which were lagging on the resorts menu. Grilled some salmon for her last night and she gobbled it up with fresh green beans. Mmmmm....
Will be working out for the first time in a week tomorrow and I am looking forward to it! Planning healthy, healthy menu for the next 2 weeks. When you go on vacation,  your wall tends to be down with making healthy food choices, even though I must say we were pretty good this trip....No fruity drinks with tons of sugar on my part, I primarily stuck to white wine and it was not much compared to past trips...lol

I am truly relaxed and ready for the very busy June ahead....Hubby and I actually looked up Disney Cruise Trips last night......I know I know I am kinda anti Disney but what I am to do the kid likes it.....and it looks like it really caters to parents while the kiddies are on their own level going nutty with fun....Who knows might just work.....Off to get ready to get my hair done which is needed after the many hours spent in the pool water. 

Have a great day and super smooches!!!!
Pics to follow but I thought you would enjoy the one below.....

Looks like someone did not want the trip to end. LDG climbed in the
suitcase while I was unpacking

1 comment:

Angela GiasCloset.com said...

I just wanna squish her face <3

Feeling the love......