Monday, April 30, 2012

Wow.....weird.....


so yesterday morning I was randomly cruising the channels while I was trying to get some blogging done when I stumbled upon a program on Showtime called The Hollywood Complex. It was a look at an LA apartment complex that houses the families of aspiring child actors hoping to land roles in pilots for the upcoming TV series season. This documentary shows you the extent some parents will go through in order to make their kids famous.   I mean some of these mothers/fathers/families dropped everything in order to move to Hollywood to bus their children from one audition to another. It was so interesting to watch. It is amazing to me how so many of these parents are taken in by the bullshit wheel of these people that own the "talent" agencies. You have something, you have it you will be working in no time....wow just....I mean...people can you not smell the BS?  The photographers...let's not get started on some of those freaks. How is a parent who is supposedly responsible in watching out for their kids get themselves snowed in this way by some of these parasites in the industry.  In this I wanna be famous vicious circle it is unreal to me how some people can be so naive. Now let's not get it twisted here...I know that their are perfectly reputable agencies in La La land and I know families who have their little ones go out and do this because the kids want to do this and it is no big deal. I am just commenting on this particular documentary. The families they featured were just so wrapped up in trying to take the short cut to fame they do not see the money sucking leaches in front of them. I mean when all is said and done some of these parents are spending up to $6,000 dollars a month on all this shit. Some parents came in for just the pilot season and have been in LA for 3 or more years if you do the math that means a shit load of money going out and very little coming in. Most of the time daddy is sending money from back home in order to make their darlings happy.  How some of parents can afford it is beyond me. One mama actually had a rental car for 3 years you know what a boat load of money that is? Let me repeat myself 6 to 8 thousand dollars a month for pics, acting lessons, dance, speech and the list goes on and on. Just so overwhelming and expensive. It's like when you see these moms on Toddlers & Tiara's who spend thousands and thousands dollars a year on dresses, fees hair spray tans but they are having trouble paying their rent and living on bologna. 




One father actually had the nerve to tell his son

"Hey are you going to make me a rich man soon?"  Not kidding he was friggn dead on serious who the f*ck  says that to their kid at the age of 5?  I mean really?!! It' scary thought to me that some of these people do not realize that your one shot to make it is one in a million it's like winning the lottery. You either have "it" or you don't.   At what point do you say enough is enough pack up and go home? Why not take the money and sock it away for college. If your little one gets the acting bug why not enroll them in drama camp and some community theater? See if this is something they really really want. Without the passion for the craft real real passion what reason are they really doing this? What is this need for some parents to sometimes almost "whore" their children out for fame, money and sometimes notoriety? I mean Hollywood is known for using and spitting out wanna be stars as well as stars. Why would you put your kid through that meat grinder? I mean because really we have had some stellar examples in the last few years of stable child stars.....Yeah I am totally being sarcastic.....maybe I don't get it maybe is why I don't understand it?!?



Is the price of fame really worth it?

5 comments:

CaffeinatedOCMommy said...

I right there with you Darling... xoxo

Sarah @ Vol Family Life said...

I think it is complete insanity!

Not Winning Mom of the Year said...

You should Google that kid from that show Family Ties with Michael J Fox... the kids' name was Andy on the show..SCARY!it was first thing that came to mind when I read your post.

Andrea said...

Oh dear...another train wreck show to try to tear ourselves away from! Eek!

ana said...

Eek! Sad face.

Feeling the love......