Tuesday, April 3, 2012

It is unbelievable......



Theresa girl love your new blog I am trying to comment but for some reason it will not let me? Shoot me an email and let me know waas up?

Now back to our regularly scheduled rant and rave 

how bad I am ready for some more space and how badly I need a backyard. I feel like sometimes the walls are closing in on me and everywhere I turn I am tripping on some ball, dog, stupid toy part and a toddler. I am an extremely organized person but even with my constant purging and cleaning/picking up it never stops.....I would love on some days just to open patio doors and let them all out. I live in a nice neighborhood but I am still in a town home so it means always always having to keep an eye out on what the dogs and toddler are doing when they are in the front of the house. As you may or may not know I am super duper cautious and completely paranoid. So I am always on guard so I can never truly relax when she is outside in the front or on the huge deck we have in the back. Since toddlers love to climb I am always worried she will get on one of the deck chairs and fly off the side.....God forbid. My so called mountain backyard is also the area of some on the best hiking trails in the area were we live so we always have people wandering around the back which makes my one over protective dog go nutty and the barking drives me insane. I got to give it to Dog 1 though she is one mean ass dog when she wants to be. Oh did I forget to mention the coyotes, deer and the wild turkey...yeah I got those to wandering the trails. Beautiful to look at not so much if the bitches attack and I know they do I have seen those animal attacks shows.

Heeere's your sign
As you know or not we have started the initial stages of looking for a new home.  Husband and I decided to take it slow, we don't want to rush into anything and want to take our time to pick out our next home cuz this time I have some non negotiables.  I am now researching neighborhoods, schools and of course the home inventory. What just bust my balls is the amount some of these homes or pieces of crap are going for. For shit nuggets for  800,000 you would think that when you bought a home you would not have to do a damn thing to it when you buy it...right....Nope not in certain areas in the state of California. For 800,000 you can expect to get a fixer upper at best depending on the area. I have viewed 1975's horror houses for 850,000 I am talking about flower wall paper hell everywhere including the damn ceiling with Liberace style bathrooms and gold friggin chandeliers....WTF? Wood paneling...kiss my ass I do not care how "retro" it is...it's U-G-L-Y and it makes me feel like I am trapped in a box...want your rooms to look smaller go ahead and do keep the ugly shit up. Vomit colored carpet that looks like it has not been cleaned in years...yep saw some of that shit to.I have had to stop watching HGTV because  get so pissed when I see that for 250,000 in some states you can get a mini mansion...were I live 250,000 might just might get you a postage size stamp studio.  I swear it gets so damn discouraging. Will it get better...I sure the hell hope it does......Wish me luck gang....and Happy Tuesday..yo

Heading towards week number 4 of the NO wine challenge...

Really...... was wall paper that popular in the 70's 
You can take the wood paneling and shove it 

6 comments:

joeh said...

Wall paper was ony popular if it went with orange counters.

Cranky

Andrea said...

Come on, you are a creative lady ..make that paneling work for you! You can buy almost four of my house for800,000. The geographical price differences never cease to amaze me!

Unknown said...

Here I am thinking we are kindred spirits and then you go and say you're an organized neat freak!!! Really???? ;-)

Mommy Bags said...

I love were I live I HATE that we get screwed with the home prices. Now with the new wave of computer companies and biotech moving in the area I have a feeling we are going to have a another wave of the house bubble market were people just were over bidding on shitty homes.

Unknown said...

I live just a couple hours from you and houses here are going for dirt cheap. Crazy how just 100 miles makes that big of a difference.
It's already going on week 4 of the no wine...dang!

Not Winning Mom of the Year said...

Girrrrl, you should have asked me before posting pictures of my home. Kidding...

Feeling the love......