Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Playing catch up.............

Even sick my GG was sporting mama's heels 
Man why is it when you go on a mini vacation trip you come back more exhausted then when you left? Having to play the catch up get toddler back on schedule game also sucks.  We decided that this weekend we would relax and recharge our batteries.  Yesterday I went to get spray tanned or as my husband likes to call it auto body shop paint detail because he says they use the same type of gun they would use to paint a car a new color. My husband does not get the spray tan "thing" but he knows that when I need a little kick in my color and want to look extra special and need a little pick me up that is what I do. I am Italian so I am pretty olive complected it does not take long for me to get a nice light bronze to my face and body and I have to admit I do love the look. A slight bronze is nice....New Jersey shore gang paint job not so much. I do this because as much as I like a sunny day I HATE sitting in the sun. Sitting in the sun bores the hell out of me and I have very little patience for it.  If I have a pool/beach or any other type of water nearby I am usually the chick in it. I am not likes some of my friends who don't do the water because they are scared to get their hair wet give me a friggin break. Sorry guys love ya but that is kinda lame. It is also dangerous no matter how much sunscreen you layer onto the body the sun is peaking some major major damaging rays.

We also took a little jaunt to our areas farmers market and picked up some fresh produce and fish....Sorry gang but I could not get back from this trip in order to have fresh local food. The south is not known to have the healthiest selection of food - good but not healthy{sorry you know it's true}.  My daughter had almost no fruit there because every time we ordered some we basically got 3 raspberries and a sick looking melon slice....really wtf?  So we did some stocking up and it felt awesome. GG got to hang out with some of the local animals and we checked out the ponies. As close to nature as Ms. GG gets.


Then it was off to this place. The just opened up like a few blocks away from our casa and we have unlimited passes this place is pretty awesome and it keeps the kiddo tired and friggin happy. I mean, yo check this friggin place out. That is the biggest jumpy house I have ever seen plus they have to super slides to the right but I could not get it all in the pic. These folks keep the place in tip top and sanitized shape. They also have an art area as well as referees to keep the kids safe. Worth the dime for some mental time.

The remainder of the weekend was just chillin and spending some quality time with the family and the pups who needed some extra TLC especially dog number 2 who has been a nervous wreck since we got back.  Last night we grilled jumbo shrimp on the BBQ over asparagus tossed orzo. Yeah it was good! Got my ass back to the gym on Monday because I had not gone for 5 days I was planning on working out when I was out of town but GG was sick and she wanted me with her the whole time. It hurt like a mofo but I got back on the saddle. I now am looking into finding some other fun ways to work out besides cardio. I really need to find a contact sport. I have taken kick boxing but it is not what I am looking for you know what I mean? The rest of the week is all about getting my shit together. Summer is just around the corner and GG will be starting preschool soon...I am looking forward to it but I cannot believe that my little one has already reached this milestone. Soon she will be asking me for the credit cards and the car keys.

Getting my g.shopping done and my GG decided she needed a nap?
Oh shit!


7 comments:

Sarah @ Vol Family Life said...

True story. We've a delicious fried catfish joint on every corner here in North Mississippi, but not a whole foods in sight! Which drives me bonkers! We do have some amazing farmers markets in the summer though and being near so much farm land you can actually go buy a whole cow locally and they will butcher it for you and voila! Meat in the freezer for months! Glad y'all are all feeling better and got your batteries charged back up!

Mommy Bags said...

Thanks Sarah feeling like myself again

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful blog you have. I hope you'll visit me sometime: Kindergarten & Preschool for Parents & Children.

Kerry said...

Hi!! It's funny where kids can curl up and get comfortable isn't it!?
That playground looks great, kids love those places!
Good to hear you are settling back into life in SF, catching up on shopping, eating well, the gym and getting your tan on lol
Hope you have a great week!!

Not Winning Mom of the Year said...

Sleeping the shopping cart - damn she must have been whipped. That place looked awesome!

Andrea said...

Love the parking lot of cozy coupes!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a nice weekend:)
My kids would love that little kiddie place. Looks like a lot fun. The kids love those bouncy houses. That is so funny, GG falling asleep in the shopping cart. My youngest just fell asleep sitting up in a cart at Costco. crazy kids can sleep anywhere.

Feeling the love......