Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Oh my goodness........

I just had the urge for some baking today. I am a little wired with energy and have some anxiety issues so this helps calm me down quite a bit.....I also love doing it's fun and relaxing for me. Since I am on this lovely WW Points Plus I am limited to sweets unless I want to hoard points and I already do that when I know I am going out for a few glasses of vino. So I baked the chocolate chip cookies for my husbands office.
This is your standard chocolate chip cookie recipe except that I added a mixture of walnuts & pecans it gives it a nice mild nutty flavor.








I also baked a batch of brownies....These are from one of the WW's cook book I have,  pretty basic but I am wondering if this will taste as good as my regular gooey chocolate brownies....We will taste test them tonight..

Chocolate Walnut Brownies - 3 PPV for one brownie
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
2 large eggs beaten lightly
1 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 ounce bittersweet chocolate chopped
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat Oven 350 spray 8 inch square baking pan with non stick spray
Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt in large bowl. Whisk together eggs, sugar and vanilla in medium bowl
Combine butter and chocolate in top of double boiler set over simmering water and stir until melted, about 3 minutes. Let cool about 1 minute stir into egg mixture. stir chocolate mixture into flour mixture until just combines. Pour batter into prepared baking pan and level top. Sprinkle with walnuts
Bake brownies until toothpick inserted into center comes out with few moist crumbs clinging to it, about 20 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack for about 15 minutes. Remove brownies from pan and cut into 20 squares.


I only use the above their chocolate is the best for baking


Time for some milk...Enjoy

2 comments:

britta said...

Those look so good!!

Mommy Bags said...

Oh my Britta these were so good......

Feeling the love......