Tuesday, January 17, 2012

God I thought you were the biggest....

bitch when I first saw you! But your like really down to earth and NICE.....Wasn't a shocker......Yep I hear that allot. This particular statement came from one of the mothers at our play group who I have gotten to know better....obviously. I told hubby the other day what this particular mom had said and I asked him

"Dude do I really come off as that big of a bitch? I mean I talk to everyone and I am the first one to introduce myself in a social situation? I don't feel like I am a bitch to people...do I?"


"It is not like you look like a bitch, more like your really, really intimidating." Hubby says 


"What do you mean?" I say 
"Well...you know your intimidating in a nice way and your confident when you walk into a room some people are intimidated by that...You know you look like you can take care of yourself."


"WTF so that makes no damn sense at all. So if I am those things I am automatically pegged to be a bitch?" I grunted 


 But in a way I knew what he meant. I had been hearing the same thing for years.

  • It is hard to truly get to know you -  Yep because the times I have let people truly in I have gotten screwed and screwed hard. I have learned my lesson and I do not feel like going through that shit again. So I tread very cautiously with new relationships and I do not trust anyone except my close family and hubby. LDG will fit in that equation once she truly knows what trust is. 
  • You have a wall up it is hard to break through/thought you were a bitch - See above....I love bloggin because it has made it easier for me to chip away at the wall little by little and you know what I am a bitch when I need to be. 
  • Why don't you smile more. Because when you were raised in the city and had to take the 14 Mission bus in a Catholic school girl uniform you learn not to smile in fear of getting your ass kicked.  People who look like they know what they are doing and going avoid stepping in the puddle of shit. Show no fear baby.
As women we are all bitchy and if a woman says she is not then you should start worrying because she is lying to you. Being bitchy is part of our DNA we try not to be but we can't help it once it takes over {Hello PMS}. I  have been guilty of judging the book by it's cover.I am working on this because I want to set an example for my daughter and I want to also do it for myself. I do appreciate that the other mommy's have taken the time to get to know me and see that I am not this evil ass chick that wears black all the time but that I am a mommy just like them taking it day by day and trying to keep it all together.

I am a work in progress trying to improve myself everyday....No one is perfect.

***P.S. I am also very opinionated and always have been if peeps don't like it they can SUCK lemons.  

6 comments:

Mommy2¢ said...

Seriously... were we separated at birth? I often get the same reaction too - and being outspoken and often opinionated doesn't help the intimidation factor much either. I also keep everyone at arms length due to past dick-overs. Trust is something that should be earned. I wish so much that I was a more down to earth trusting soul, but I'm not. If I were, I'd probably be a more content, and overall happy person. I can be nice as pie and have no problems in new social situations; but I'm very perceptive to vibes I get off people and that usually determines how engaged I am with them upon meeting them. It's just a line of defense.

Unknown said...

i get that too -- i am intimidating simply on the fact that i am 5'8" & always wear 3-4" heels at a minimum. bitch in heels -- yup that's me!

i also have a hard time hiding what i am thinking/feeling -- that often gets mistake for bitchiness?
i am just keeping it real...

bitches be crazy & shit...

Mommy Bags said...

I am the same way you can tell exactly what I am thinking by just looking at the expression on my face and what my eyebrows due. I am very opinionated and I think that sometimes it rubs people the wrong way but I am not going to be one of those chicks that does not speak up

Michael Ann said...

I'm glad we can see some of the real you here, because yea, if you come across as intimidating, I would probably stay away from you! I am the total opposite. I am very open and down to earth-- kinda hippie-ish :-) But I'm sure you already figured that out! So I think it's interesting we can like and enjoy each other through writing, but our first impressions of each other might not be favorable!!!

Kerry said...

I like you just the way you are!!!
Are there any pictures of you here on your blog cause I've just realised I don't even know what you look like :)

CaffeinatedOCMommy said...

MB Darling,
Being a bitch isn't a bad thing... it's kind of like a calling card! lol And besides, most people get the definition wrong between bitch and confidence... they do with me all the time... xoxo

Feeling the love......