Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It's Party Planning......



time......My little drama G will be turning 2 in a few days and I am freaking out because I am wondering were the time went? Just yesterday I was pregnant and miserable*. Today I have this beautiful, smart, sassy, PITA toddler and I could not imagine life without her.  She is one of the best decisions I made in my life and I love her to death even when she behaves like a little a$$hole as all toddlers do. Next weekend I will be throwing her a small birthday luncheon.  Last year I went all out rented a small banquet room at one of our favorite restaurants did a big blow out with awesome food, party favors, cupcake tower and candy bar -the works.  Let's face it birthday number 1 and 2 are for the adults your little one really has no clue what is going on and what a birthday is.  As long as their is a birthday cake with candles to be blown out we are good to go! The big party guns will be saved for next year. 

This year it will be intimate with only immediate family. For her birthday present I am redoing her bedroom. Her new room will be this cool laid back silver and white w/ a  splash of color Couture/Paris theme. So I decided to run with it and do Parisian based foods/luncheon. Croque Monsier ~ fancy for Melted Ham and Cheese sandwiches and Pommes Frites - French Fries can't leave out the cheese, bread and wine.....What fun with that be? 












Sniff.......Here are a few flash back photos from LDG's 1st birthday from last year. 

*Yes I did not make a good pregnant chick!  Not all women have the "glow" and have blue birds coming out of their asses while knitting booties. I was sick for 6 months straight I spent most of the time with my head in the toilet.  I carried plastic bags with me because I would throw up at a moments notice. It was horrible. I was Miranda on SATC I did not become a mother until I held my child. Sorry but those are the facts!









5 comments:

Andrea said...

Have a super fun time with two candles on top!!

Unknown said...

We always go all out. For my oldest we went overboard with the food and people for his first. Last year we did the bounce house and this last birthday we went to a kids place {which was super easy, they did all the work}. I am hoping you will post pics of her new room. Sounds super cute!

Mommy Bags said...

I love to plan the parties and do a theme. This year will def. be on the smaller scale. Next year I will blow it out. Once the room is finished I will post pics. Just ordered the head board it is so friggin awesome

Rebecca said...

i loved being pregnant but wish I had documented more of my pregnancy because now it seems so long ago and i knew it was a one time deal for me. plus time goes way to fast little man will be 12 soon

Mommy2¢ said...

HOLY CRAP little miss fancy pants, that party looked amazing! I freakin love that cake, and your daugher... adorable! Hope LDG's 2nd b-day party is lots of fun! :)

Feeling the love......