Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Breakfast Club......

I love all of John Hughes movies,  shit I grew up with them. But my favorite of all time was The Breakfast Club. It was on yesterday on some random channel and while LDG napped I once again found myself dropping whatever I was doing to just listen and watch. As I watch I wonder were LDG's Breakfast Club is because I can tell you this with the violent shit movies coming out she will never get to experience the magic that was John Hughes. I will definitely make sure she gets a hit of this oldie because to me this movie is timeless. The clothes and the music might have changed but the story remains the same. I leave you with Brian's essay from the BClub.



I know which character I related to the most which one were you?


I was attracted and dated this type of dude 
There were days I felt allot like this 



5 comments:

Vanessa Scott said...

Aw, I love the Breakfast Club. I know what you mean about kids not having these kinds of movies to see. Some of the stuff that comes out now just blows my mind.

I am a new follower from Blog Hop Till You Drop. I would love for you to stop by and follow me back athttp://cooperave.blogspot.com/ I currently have a weekend long hop going on. Feel free to link up!

Vanessa

Im A Silly Mami said...

OMG! I totally love that movie. I don't even know how many times I've watched it - such a classic. hmm not sure who I relate too more.

April's Homemaking said...

Oh, I too am a huge John Hughes fan, I grew up watching Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, and Pretty in Pink. Brings back good memories, I have most of them on DVD, but if they come on cable, I will still sit down and watch. I cannot even make a Turkey Pot Pie without thinking of Judd Nelson say "Now make me a Turkey Pot Pie".

Mommy Bags said...

One of the best movies ever. Judd Nelson oh baby

Andrea said...

My son is 14 and I so want to watch these movies with him before he gets too much past them---hard to reel him back in now that he's seen Anchorman at a friend's house though! I just think he'd appreciate my constant quotes from Bkfst Club and 16 Candles if he sees them too! LOL

Feeling the love......