Saturday, July 23, 2011

OMG in 2 days


my LDG is going to be 18 months old. Were did the time go and whaaaaat happpened??? In a blink of an eye it has gone from me being prego, going through hell of a labor/emergency c-section and bringing home a 5 1/2 pound preemie to care for - without having a clue on how to do it.  It just seemed so new and so damn scary.  Now it is like I am a seasoned pro. Stirring the pots with one hand and holding my toddler in the other. Juggling 18 things in between. Things sure have changed.  I now have to brace myself for the doomsday called the "terrible 2's" - I am keeping my  fingers crossed folks... so far I have not witnessed any signs but one never knows....

I am very fortunate to have a great support system in my hubby I could not do this very hard job without him. I have said this once and I will say it again it is tough to do this alone - so I give a shout out to all the single parents out there I do not know how you do it.

I know it is quite a few months away but I a already planning in my head LDG's Halloween Costume I cannot wait to get started on that project since Halloween is my favorite time of year. It just says to me that fall has come {I also do love the horror movies}. I am thinking that I am going to go for Little Red Riding Hood. Since I have already started researching have not found any really nicely made LRRH costumes out there...soooooooo I am thinking that I will take on the challenge and sew the whole costume myself.....

Mmmmm........ I am wondering if this is going to be a good idea?!?

2 comments:

Angela GiasCloset.com said...

Just an example, but search etsy. You may be able to get a nice handmade piece from someone http://www.etsy.com/listing/53815115/little-red-riding-hood-cape-costume?ref=v1_other_1

Ciao mamas said...

Thanks for the feedback angela!

Feeling the love......