Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Am I doing a good.......


job as a parent? I am a good mom...right? This is a question that goes through my mind on a daily basis {ok about every 10 minutes}. I have a hard time determining if I am doing a good job or not. I do not have a mom I can compare notes with since she passed away way to soon and before LDG was born.  I cannot speak to most of my friends for many of mine are still living the "Sex and the City" lifestyle while I am here in the burbs trying to work it out! With my organizational skills and light OCD  I tend to have a short fuse when things are not organized and just so.  Sooooo I kinda tend to yell a bit and LDG does not deserve to get crazy mama. How can I look at that sweet face and yell. Yeah...I know.... I feel totally shitty but sometimes it just happens. Does that make me a bad mommy?

I went into this without knowing one thing about parenthood and children so sometimes I get scared that the yelling/punishing {in the form of time out} could damage the child down the line {serial killer anyone}. However I do think it is never to early to start disciplining because I feel many children today have no respect and boundaries when it come to their parents. When I was working it was easy to get instant gratification, it showed in your numbers and your yearly reviews.
Sometimes I wish someone could just pat me on the back and say....Mama you are doing ok keep it together...Good job. I think all mama's need that pat once in awhile. So I am sending out a pat to all the mama's out there.

I hope LDG knows that I am trying my best and that I love her. All this is new to mommy too boo...

Smooches

No comments:

Feeling the love......