Thursday, April 21, 2011

GET off the dogs....

they are not your personal ponies!  Today has been an especially hectic day here at Casa Crazy...One dog is still has a queasy stomach because LDG just loves to toss her food down to the little one. Dog number 2 is grouchy because she is tired of having a 14 month baby riding her hind legs and a couple of growls have been tossed in the babies direction...Yeah a Golden Retriever can only take so much abuse!

Between the laundry, the cleaning up, retrieving toys from every nook and cranny of the house and making sure everything is running smoothly. In the mean time I am trying to not and trip over dogs/baby make it a hectic and rewarding day....... Sure!

I can't believe that this weekend is Easter and that in a couple of weeks I will be celebrating my 2nd Mother's Day. WOW...Were does the time go? As mother's day approaches I have mixed feelings of the day. I love that I am able to celebrate with my little one and husband,  but it's  during this time that I miss my mom the most.

 My mom and I did not have the best relationship. I said black she said white. I was  criticized on a daily basis ...... Why do you wear so much make up, why don't you wear a skirt once in awhile, wine will make you fat!  There are some things that she said to me,  that to this day have affected my self esteem .

I would say that in the past 10 years we were truly getting along. Then came the day that we were told that they found a tumor in her lungs and she was taken away from us in a snap. My whole world was turned upside down...This was not supposed to happen to a woman who did not drink or smoke.

 I miss her and her daily phone calls. I know for sure this is the reason I got pregnant with LDG 4 months to the day of her passing. My mother always told me that having a child was a very special moment in a woman's life and I finally know what she was talking about all those years she was pushing for me to have a baby!  My life has changed for the better and I will always thank her for that.

Love you mom

Cheers and Smooches



My miracle watching Scooby Doo


No comments:

Feeling the love......