Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The sixth sense.......

I know I am not the only one to have this....Their is a feeling that you cannot get rid of no matter how hard you try and how many times you have given it a chance that maybe your just being paranoid it just won't go away. It always creeps up and taps you on the shoulder to remind you not to trust and why are their so many holes that cannot be explained.  I have been tapped twice with this feeling and when I chose to ignore it  I got blindsided and snowed when I choose to listen to it, it has always done me right. Call it women's intuition or just a huge huge hunch but I think this time I will be listening to it. I thought I was being paranoid and yes I sometimes have toddler brain so I feel that as a mommy we tend to get scattered but one thing I know they did not call me rain man at work for years for nothing because I could not remember things that have happened/heard/seen. I also received confirmation that I am not hearing/going crazy from my very level headed, non emotional {not a chick} husband - hope that makes sense?!?  I am straight forward and pretty much to the point and I expect others to be the same when I don't see/hear it happening via little fibs and actions I put a wall up and you are no longer welcomed.I have had exceptions to the rule but those have been in extreme cases and it was for people that I had many years of history with.  Everyone throws a white lie out there once in awhile - i.e.

Hey do these jeans make my ass look fat?
No honey they don't  
NEXT 

But when one little white lies seem to happen more often and things/stories are no aligning/full of holes the attention lights start flashing.  I have been hurt before just like many others have to -  so you know the feeling when you welcome people into your life and it does not work out. Maybe it is a heritage thing -  being Italian we are very open, and we welcome people into our homes/families we sometimes we get the love back and sometimes we just don't and when things start to not add up we are done. Maybe 10 years ago I would let something like this ride and just dealt with it by trying to be half way cordial - I am however older and hopefully a little wiser and I don't want to deal with the stress.  Why waste any time having your guard up with people? Things are supposed to happen organically not be forced. Yes....I might be a bitch but you know what? What you see is what you get. I don't have time and patience to deal with smoke and mirrors anymore.

DoneZo

Being to harsh maybe...who knows but I trust myself that is for sure





3 comments:

StylinMom said...

100% agree!

Rebecca said...

i agree no time for smoke and mirrors

Sarah @ Vol Family Life said...

Ugh. Hate people like this!

Feeling the love......