Tuesday, September 25, 2012

She's crafty...

and that woman is crafty, and this other person is crafty and holy crap they have a whole damn crafting/project store were you buy things to craft with.  How the hell do some of these moms have time to craft when their is a toddler to take care of , dogs to be walked and a whole crap load of other stuff their is to do through out the day.  Let's get this right on the table....I am a mean chef/baker, I can throw a party like no ones business,  and take care of anything that goes on in this house. I can shop and merchandise clothes like their is no tomorrow. I keep my little one busy with activities -  dance, gymnastics,  jumpy houses, discovery museums, pool you get the drift    HOWever I am not crafty and never understood the doing crafting/projects in order to keep the kiddos busy. I am the type of mommy that would rather find an event to attend with my child then craft with egg cartons. I would rather download a new game on the Ipad in order to keep my little one busy instead of gluing friggn macaroni to paper. AND yes people I am a mommy who allows their kids to watch TV....Watch out I am totally warping my little child's mind*evil laugh*...Whatever..... I am still convinced that mommies who claim their darling offspring do not watch any TV are feeding us a bunch of BS. With all that aside I did notice that with all I did do to keep my little one busy their were days that no matter what I did or what I tried to do to keep her entertained nothing worked.  By the end of those days I was so frustrated and tired that I was no good to anyone including my poor husband when he walked through the door exhausted from a long days work. I was a follower of mommy Katie and her awesome blog

http://www.mommywithselectivememory.com/

Man this mommy had it going on - she was doing some fun projects with her kiddos on a daily basis and her kids were totally active in making the project work. While viewing this phenomenon the same thought when through my brain.....I am like....so..... not this woman how am I going to do some of this stuff?  It is not because I lack the creative gene I have that it ten folds. I just don't have the patience and I am extremely  OCD about the house. I cannot handle messiness that some of these crafts require...HELLO sand and water in the house OH no....So I started commenting on Katie's blog and giving her kuddos on a job well done. We just then started chit chatting away about my lack of the crafty gene and she reassured  me that anyone could do what she did with her chitllins. Katie then informed me that she was in the process of writing a book with her friend Susan Case to guide mommy's like me. It is an awesome mommy handbook on how to keep your toddler and preschoolers busy, out of trouble and motivated to learn. I am like HELLO where do I sign up?  I got the book from Katie and so far it has been a lifesaver. It is an easy read and you will catch yourself going back to it many times for reference. I caught my hubby reading it the other day and he loved all the kiddo projects that were in the book to keep GG busy during football season...Ha Ha....Their is also a great section of manners, how to encourage your child to be independent and getting them ready for school. Here are some pics of my little one getting down and dirty{ok not that dirty} sorting colored poof balls with yes that is a egg carton woot woot for me......Oh BTW the dollar store has now become my new best friend you can find so many inexpensive items to craft and do projects with.....it is insane......As you can see we have also started stickering our butts off. She is kept busy for hours with the activities in this book. I love it!!!!!  You should also check out her blog Katie has many daily new fun stuff to keep your kiddo busy for hours.



I love that this book is book for real moms and not some Martha Stewart let's grow our own tree before we chop it down and make wooden toys out of it.....It has been a life saver in my home. GG loves that I am spending more time with her during these projects and I am quite enjoying the extra quality time with my boo boo. So far no spillage and damage done to the house. Below is the link to Amazon to get the book...Come one you know you wanna click it...Just take a little looksy I am telling you it's worth it.
I can tell you this GG's play room has looked allot less like the below since we got this book.......

Cheers Gang!


10 comments:

joeh said...

Must be a good book to convert you, but don't give up on the TV.

The People who don't watch TV are the same people who never toked a joint or had sex without a partner.

ana said...

Kept her busy for hours? Sold!

Unknown said...

Thank you again for the lovely review!! I knew you had it in you!!! And I loved your commentary and I am very flattered!! :-)

Mommy Bags said...

I am telling you the book works but I will never give up my RH addiction :0)

Andrea said...

I just remember the days being really long sometimes, and self stick fun foam some construction paper and crayons weren't fancy, but I loved it! I still hate play-dough, but cannot thank it enough for the time it took up! One of my faves though...cornstarch and water...so relaxing to sit at the table at play with...oh, I made the kids each a tray too! Sounds like a fabulous book!

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious! You're just the perfect mom to read this book. So glad you liked it.

Sarah @ Vol Family Life said...

I might need to get my hands on a copy of this! I am so not a martha mom either!

Mommy Bags said...

Guys go to amazon and get it you will not be disappointed I am serious.

Adriana Too Cute Invites said...

I am going to check it out too ! I love to craft and think of things for my little guy but he's not so into yet ? He's 18 months and rather chew the crayons lmao we shall see ! But I am going to read this book !

Kerry said...

You crack me up!! And good for you, look at her crafting her little heart out :) I totally get you on this, sometimes it just seems like too much effort, the clean up is always longer than the fun lol but kids do enjoy it (I don't know what to do with the creation afterwards however!)
That is really awesome you were willing to 'change' a little to accommodate GG, you are a great mum!! And no TV? Who are those people?? LOL
Can I include you in my October Favourites at the end of this month?? Cute post xo

Feeling the love......