Friday, January 4, 2013

This Capricorn....In a few

short days  will be turning.....OH help me little baby Jesus.....4...3...43...friggin 43. When did this happen? Where did it happen and how the f*CK did it happen. I did not have a hard time turning 30 I really did not see a big deal in turning 40 but 43 it bugging me just a little I am not going to lie. Soon I will be receiving information pamphlets from AARP then I will definitely freak the hell out.  In a way I am really happy that I did have my little GG at 40 it really give you an incentive to keep active and to keep your shit together. You really do not want to be the mommy that is picking the little one up from tween high and people asking hey was that your grandma that picked you up the other day...oh shit......"Groan". I have learned quite a bit in my 43 years and still learning everyday. I have seen some good things and experienced some really shitty life changing moments. I have made some true blue kick ass friends and hopefully grown up a little. I have become very chummy with my moisturizer and I am trying to keep my face from falling.  I feel bad for my husband who has to watch the more than 1/2 ritual I do every night before I got to bed. Extreme face washing, eye gels, neck moisturizer, regular moisturizer, weekly face mask in every color from neon green slime to poop color and so on.....The ladies at Nordstroms have gotten to know me real well with the amount of time I spend at the cosmetic counter looking for anything that will keep me from looking my age...and I must say it is working because people never think I am the age that I am....I guess when you get to this age you just begin to rethink what you should have should have not done and your brain starts doubting many things. Shoulda, woulda, coulda.....ya know what I am saying?

My husband wanted to take me out to dinner and just did not feel like celebrating because I knew that if I was going to go out tonight it would have gotten ugly drinking my middle age sorrows with a nice bottle of pinot noir.....So I decided it would be pizza party night...I make a killer pizza and I use super healthy ingredients so I don't feel as bad as going out to have some. Check it out below...Whole wheat crust, organic cheeses and sauce and veggies. I saute the mushrooms and peppers before I lay it out. Was up?!!

So this weekend is going to be a mellow one and hopefully I will not get depressed by the many thoughts that go through a woman's head at this point in her life. I am trying to keep it all together and positive.  I am also not going to be watching any type of plastic surgery programs because by watching them you begin to get paranoid about you as a person....I hope to avoid any help from the needle as long as possible.....God willing. Cheers....

7 comments:

Michael Ann said...

Going through your 40's is an eye-opener for sure. I just turned 48. Facing 50 sure makes 43 sound young! :-) Enjoy!

Im A Silly Mami said...

Buon compleanno Mamma! Spero che tu abbia un grande giorno!

I turned 43 in November and it hasn't fazed me at all. I still think i'm 42 and I feel like I'm in my mid 30's. I don't focus on the number-it's how I feel and I'm a total kid at heart.

I'm constantly being silly and having fun with my little one and that helps as well.

So forget the number, have fun and be silly and goofy.

Irene

Unknown said...

i turn 43 in april & yeah the actual number is scary but life truly does begin at 40 -- you rock so i would take 43 by the balls and carpe the freakin' diem!

xxoo

Not Winning Mom of the Year said...

Listen darling, you're 43 and fabulous... thats all. Forget all the face gels, and surgery shows and start behaving like the cussing, wtf'ing, young closet Martha Stewart that you know you are.

ana said...

Cheers to 43!!! Happy Birthday you fabulous Mama!

Unknown said...

happy belated birthday!!! cheers!

I'm free of the abuse said...

I am so behind in everything that it caused me to miss your birthday!! ACK! Well, here's hoping you had an awesome day! I won't tell you that age is irrelevant because that's not how it feels, but I will tell you that you couldn't be more fabulous!!!

Happy Belated Birthday MB!

Feeling the love......