Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Happy HOlloween.....

 

yep that is a made up word there but that is the first thing that popped in my twisted warped little mind when I was shopping around for LDG's  Halloween costume. Why do you ask because everywhere I turned I was being slapped in the face by some really "stripperish" looking costumes I mean in all directions...slutty cop...slutty Bo Peep and my favorite slutty Black Swan. Nothing like taking something as beautiful as a ballerina and turning her into a ho. I mean I have been guilty of dressing is some colorful outfits for Halloween - Hello Exotic Erotic Ball but they were creative these were just not.  I guess what makes it so weird is that the Ho outfits were right next to the toddler and preteen section. It's was like they were shouting " Hey you down there....little one picking your nose in a few years you will be up here with the big girls..wink..wink.



Why is that we have to look like ho's in order to dress up for Halloween? Yet another awesome message that we are sending out to our little darlings that one day they to can to look like over inflated barbie dolls with boobs and everyone will love them. What was distributing is the preteen costumes look exactly like the above except in smaller sizes which is just wrong. My hubby had a near shit attack when he saw the preteen costumes...Now that he has a daughter seeing sexiness in your face like that freaks him the F out. He was like "There is no way, now way that I would ever have my daughter leave the house in that get up". 

Maybe I am just being super extra sensitive {hello PMS} but I just feel that are little girls are growing up way to sexy and way too fast. I just want to take my little one and lock her away from the rest of the world....sniff....

8 comments:

Mariebop said...

Those costumes are the reason I'm starting to despise shopping for a costume. I have a rather nice booty and there's no way it's fitting in one of those. :P

I totally get where you're coming from with the preteen costumes... Not really appropriate for a 13 year old.

Theresa said...

no No i totally agree with u they are way to short, and thats why it was hard for me to find a costume that wouldnt have my ass hanging out or my vagina showing. my husband is realllllllly picky at what i wear but i manage to find something OK looking. I dread looking for costumes when both my girls are teens ugh

Cavinder Family said...

I agree completely! I was baffled that anyone would dress their 11 year old in a stripper outfit! Not my baby. She will be a cute little panda!

Cavinder Family said...

BTW....no worries! I know how busy life is, but I wanted people to read your blog because you crack me up!! :o)

Rebecca said...

im following you now and thanks for the sweet comment on my poem

ana said...

Slutty Black Swan? That's freakin funny. I like how Halloween can turn anything slutty... like the slutty Seasame Street characters I saw last year... and when I mean I like how... I really mean - WTF?

Unknown said...

i think whatever a grown adult chooses to do is coolio is my book -- but totally agree that displaying those sluttier outfits next to little girl costumes is so uncool. our baby girls have their whole lives to dress up like a hoochi-fied black swan -- let them be little girls for as long as they possibly can!

hence why my daughter will not have fake nails, waxings, facials, expensive hair treatments/extensions or ridiculously priced clothing and/or accessories until she is either old enough or can buy them on her own with money she earned.

yeah i am mean like that :)

I'm free of the abuse said...

My daughter is 11 and she is so disgusted by the hooker costumes. She wants to be a vampire or a dark angel this year. This is a relief after 3 years of October Zombiefication. We cannot even come close to finding something that she wants to wear because she doesn't want to look like a ho bag. So, off to the consignment shop to find a dark dress and mom's craftiness for wings. Good luck to the rest of you who are also trying to keep the ho-wear out of your house!
Susan
http://75percenthippie.blogspot.com
http://happyhippieheart.blogspot.com

Feeling the love......