Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Tis the Season part II.....`

So as you lovelies out in BloggyLand know that this time of year in some cases cause me some anxiety. Not only do I have past flashbacks of when I used to work in retail but I had to have the holidays shoved down my throat as early as August when it came to the planning and merchandising our departments. So to say the least I have a really really bad taste in my mouth from Thanksgiving to after New Years.  I take a break from in store shopping during the month of November until the end of December. I do all of my shopping online during this time except for the grocery store.. Maybe it is because I am getting older and huge crowds bug the shit out of me. Or is it perhaps is that the stores get so over packed with shitty Xmas merchandise that as soon as I walk into the store it gets hard to breath. You would think that after all these years friggin Macy's would chill out on the thousands of ugly Xmas sweaters but obvi. someone out there is buying this crap in order for it to be ordered year after year.

What also gets me this time of year is the shitty customer service that some stores have. It is unbelievable that some people still hold jobs in this country. When I worked retail*and walked 11 miles in the snow* the shit that passes for customer service today would have never flown at our stores. Your ass would have been canned right then and there. I broke the cardinal rule of not going into stores during this time of year and got myself f8cked twice in 10 days. We needed a new fridge, went to buy new fridge at major appliance electronics company - *Starts with a letter B and ends with a letter B*.  Bought fridge#1, fridge#1 delivered nice delivery people did not fit even though I gave the employee measurements and reassured  us it would fit. I kind f had a melt down but not a big deal the delivery company was awesome and helpful and gave a shit. So not a huge deal.  Bye bye fridge #1

Go back to same friggin appliance store *dumb ass* bought another fridge was never told in store that the delivery people could not install the refrigerator at time of delivery.  WHAT THE F*CK???? What kind of company sells appliances only to have delivery people not able to set up the fridge. Are you friggin kidding me?  This was yesterday afternoon when I found this little fact out while my delivery person was extremely unhelpful and rude all he kept saying to me is that I needed to call this number . It would have helped that is I was sent a delivery person that spoke a little bit of English. There was no way for me to communicate with him because he did not understand what I was saying. I am not being rude here I am just stating a fact. this due was RUDE from the time  I answered the door I knew we were going to have a problem with him. I just got the I don't give a shit vibe you know the one I am talking about the one were is goes - I am only doing this job because I have to and I really don't give a shit that my whole days schedule has been based around this 4 hour delivery window. OH and you have all your food in an ice cooler ...Whatever! I was happy*at this point* I was getting my new fridge finally.

Oh yeah and during the time while I was trying to communicate in Italian hand signals I was also trying to prep for turkey day, running after toddler, keeping the dogs back from going after the delivery  person while on the phone with said company customer service department to try and figure out what the hell went wrong.  I would have NEVER purchased a refrigerator if I knew that it could not be installed by the delivery service. It was the worst day I have had in a long ass time the bitch driver made me cry and NO ONE makes me cry*ok maybe a few tings but not people I don't know* I was so over it took my awesome neighbor to calm me down and he decided to speak with them as much as he could communicate with them but he too had a hard time with it. We finally decided they were not the worth the hassle and refused the refrigerator.   I popped yesterday afternoon. I was DONE with shitty customer service. I am telling you this is one of the main reasons I have turned to online shopping the customer service is just better and you can tell that some of the companies actually give a shit about you. The only bright light yesterday is when my daughter looked up at me*in between tears* she looked at me and said

"That is OK mommy.....I love you much." She gave me a huge hug....at that point nothing else mattered....

BB you can take your fridge and shove it!





10 comments:

joeh said...

OK, I don't know the Co. that starts with and ends with B?

You're allowed to use their name, they can not sue when you are telling the truth!

Not Winning Mom of the Year said...

MB, no shit. I love the crap customer service, with all the eye rolling and sighing when I am simply ASKING YOU TO DO YOUR JOB! Hang in there lady, don't let these f'ers get to you.

Michael Ann said...

I've been mostly happy with Best Buy :-) but had a similar issue when I got a new washer/dryer and there were installing issues, and the delivery guys/installers couldn't speak English. Grr.... I HATE shopping and I HATE the holidays because it is so focused on shopping. If I could afford it, I'd take my kids on a cruise and just skip the whole damn season.

Mrs. Tuna said...

Arggghhhhh, stupid sales people. Ice chests are not going to cut it I'm thinking.

Rebecca said...

it's a hit or miss with me hen it comes to this store hugs

Azara said...

I've thought the same thing many times about customer service - I would have been fired if I'd pulled this shit when I worked in retail/fast food. December has been off-limits for me for in-store shopping for years, and every year I bump it back a few days. At some point I may stop shopping in stores at all :) Well, not really, but when you know what you want it is so much easier to do it online.

Ugh. I'm sorry your delivery person was such a jerk.

Unknown said...

Oh my you poor thing!! What a TERRIBLE DAY!! You should give them a bad rating on yelp or something!! Hope you're doing better now!! ;-)

Sarah @ Vol Family Life said...

You poor thing!!! That's awful -- a lot of places make you pay extra to have it installed. Lame. Glad your GG could make it better! Hugs!

Unknown said...

Yeah that doesn't make sense that they wouldn't set it up...that seriously sucks!!! It always makes me smile and laugh and then cry some more when I am having a serious nervous break down and the kids come over and say something like that and hug me...the innocence of a child is the sweetest thing.

Kerry said...

Oh no! That's terrible :( But how sweet of GG to do that, little ones always make it better :)
So how was it walking 11 miles in the snow? ;)

Feeling the love......