Monday, August 27, 2012

The anti age movement......


I am almost in a semi shock state......and after watching this documentary I ran up to my mirror and started to dissect my face.Not too many wrinkles, buy hey what is that is my eye drooping...no....maybe? Hmmmm maybe I need to double dose on the tightening neck cream, that's it  next week I am checking on laser shocks to my face.  Does my neck need work...OMG I am going to have to do under cover botox so my husband does not leave me for someone younger and more firm. OMG am I really 42......heading into 43. Shit some of this girls are getting botox at 25 maybe I should have done the same thing......I eventually snap back into reality and realize that watching almost 2 hours of a documentary titled  Make Me Young - Youth Knows No Pain can really mess with your brain. Don't get me wrong a really well done documentary however if you have no self esteem issues by the end of the 2 hours you will have some. Now I have self esteem issues and after the 2 hours they have become massive self esteem issues. This is one of the main reasons my husbands does not allow me to go on WebMd site and God forbid I even tried to check out the Doctors on the tube. Shit like this messes with my brain. No matter how confident I am feeling that day a program like this can bring me right into paranoid city.

I was up early and the casa was asleep so I turned on the TV to see if it could lull me back to sleep instead it had the opposite effect and was traumatized for the rest of the day. What caught my attention is when a chief of surgeon who said that new med students coming out are not going into the GP/internal  sector because their is so much more money to be made on our external {plastic surgery}. Which is f8ckin sad to me because I thought that when you went into the medical field most of the reason you did it was to help people but I guess we are living in different times and it is all about the ol mighty $$$. The documentary summary is below.

An age-obsessed daughter of a plastic surgeon takes a journey through America's $60 Billion a year anti-aging world. In this Alice-in Wonderland tale, McCabe spends 2 years traveling across America visiting doctors, experts and lives with a cross-section of characters from Minnesota to Texas who've gone to varying lengths to "beat the clock", to paint a funny but troubling portrait of a country that desperately needs to stay young.

I see this everyday where I live it is not as bad as I noticed it in Southern California {sorry but true} hello Hollywood. It is scary when you go to the dermatologist to deal with a minor case of rosacea {thank you GG} and all you see coming out of the rooms are girls *yes girls because most of the do not look older than 30*   with bleeding faces and holding little mini round ice packs to their already swollen faces. I ask one of the nurses in the office if they do allot of botox out of this office and she says to me "you would not believe the amount of botox that we got through on a daily basis." What is funny to me is that half of these ladies getting botox which when I last checked was a botulinum toxin would never touch this shit with a 10 foot poll if let's say was sprayed on a veggie via a plane but shooting it up in the face let's go for it. Heh.... whatever floats your boat on trying to stay young but please don't deny when you get the shit done because no matter how good the shooter is we can always tell. OWN it....Yes bitches I got botox...got a problem with it? I don't do the B and hopefully will never do the B but I am just as guilty with the amount of time I research and the amount of money I spend on anti aging cremes/facials.  I have a total ritual I do every night before I go to bed I never skip a night period. I moisturize everything, I have oils for every part of the face my husband watches and just shakes his head. After I moisturize I bust out and do the face yoga......I know it sounds silly but it makes me feel better and I think it might be working especially in the neck area. In my personal opinion the best anti aging serum I could have ever asked for was having my little one at 40. She is keeping me YOUNG and I feel like I am aging in reverse....sometimes...lol....Just the amount of chasing around I do is enough to keep me active, she also inspired me to start taking care of myself by eating better, stopping the partying and hitting the gym on a daily basis which has resulted in some weight loss, better than ever skin and just a better outlook on life. The scariest part of this whole docu. was the lack of research some women will do before hitting up a plastic surgeon would you just let anyone in the yellow pages take out your appendix then why the HELL would you allow some random doctor in a strip mall work on your face?  And how some women will allow their dentist shoot botox in their faces....One wrong needle hit and you are going to be left with a droopy face and paralyzed mouth. But I guess anyone with a medical degree can so botox even your local dentist office...Yeah so not EvA going to happen.  What is the obsession with our culture to remain youthful? What is this panic that I see on 30 year old faces to run as quickly as they can to the plastic surgeon while they sit their a completely dissect their faces in front of a mirror? What is this doing to America's self esteem?

Which makes me wonder  -  How far would people go in order to stay young?


5 comments:

joeh said...

The best way to stay young is to stay away from old people.

I swear its catching!

Michael Ann said...

LOL Joe! But yea, I'm with you on this one. This is why I don't watch Dr. Oz. He's become an anti-aging quack. Our society is just messed up!

ana said...

People out there are cray... I'll prob get there one day lol ;)

Sarah @ Vol Family Life said...

I might do like a surface peel one day, because I've got some sun damage (happens when you are allergic to SPF)but really whatever happened to ageing gracefully?

Not Winning Mom of the Year said...

Girl, I am all up in getting things nipped and tucked. I have a serious fear of aging. However I also have a fear of needles, surgery's, hospitals...so it's all talk now. I lather on under eye cream, and box dye my grey... but who knows beware of a brown skinned Joan Rivers look alike roaming around.

Feeling the love......