Sunday, July 10, 2011

BBQ...... bring fog....

Today is Sunday and we are having a family bbq for my hubby's mom and obvi. my MIL who is visiting us. My pops and the rest of the gang will be here for my hubby's famous baby back ribs...My hubby and I both LOVE to cook...BUT his ribs are the BOMB DIGGITY special he just is that good with BBQ.....It takes him three days just prep the beautiful organic racks of loveliness...OK....... I think I just drooled on myself thinking of them.......yum. We also have on the menu giant prawns and a bunch of veggies sides since we all love the veggies.  I am sitting here at 5:30 in the morning trying to figure out dessert..I need a dessert that will feed 10 and we have two Bdays in the house today that we would like to celebrate.  Prepping for our BBQ's takes time...hubby and I do not just throw stuff together and hope it works.....we take our time, go through recipes and make sure they will be crowd pleasers and so far we have been fortunate to always hit the nail on the head....so to speak.

I have planned the table setting...rustic and simple since we have so many peeps today I want too make sure their is not too much crap on the table to interfere with the food. We also will have 2 toddlers wandering around the area so I do not want too many breakables around. 

I am only worried about one thing.....the damn stupid fog.....yesterday we did not see the sun until 2 in the afternoon it makes for crappy BBQ weather especially if the wind kicks in...the weather person stating it will be 75 today I highly doubt it based on what I see outside.........AHHHHHH.... sunny California my ass.....

Happy Sunday
PS I have my heater on and it's..... JULY!

No comments:

Feeling the love......