Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What a weekend......

That is why I am getting to my blog on Tuesday morning. On Saturday my little one had a really hard day and night she got hit with a cold besides her teething. Saturday night her temp went up to 103.7 and I began freaking out {inside}. I did not want to lose it in front of my child. This was my first major "fever" and I did not know what to do. After wrestling with the thought of going to the ER I finally decided to contact the after hours line for my pediatricians office. They went through step by step on what I needed to do. Lukewarm bath, baby Tylenol and rest. I felt so helpless when she was crying with the pain of teething include the high fever with a shot of congestion and it made for a very long night.

We spent most of Saturday and Sunday monitoring her fever and making sure she was comfortable. In turn both my husband and I are exhausted and we just got hit with the "sickies" AGAIN - By the way take care of this cold I have been on and off sick with this damn cough/congestion cold for 3 weeks....It completely zaps your energy and makes you feel like you are in another world.  One day you feel OK the next day your right back to square one. So anybody out there who has it -  take care of it,  if you don't it can go on for months!

"Little Drama G" is doing a little better but she is still pretty congested and her nose is a faucet, so we will be taking it easy today and hanging out in her playroom  just chillin'.

Happy Tuesday

2 comments:

britta said...

Poor Drama G. Hope she feels better soon. Nothing worse then sick kids when you cant tell them it will be ok and pass.

Mommy Bags said...

Thanks for the support Britta. It has been tough but we will get through. Have a great day :0)

Feeling the love......