Friday, March 22, 2013

Insert groom here......


How do we feel about women who plan their weddings even before they have met the groom?   I am going to say this and if you don't like it tough shit....I believe that women who do this are weird.  Now I am not talking about women who dream about their wedding day and fantasize about themes.  These particular women devote months and months to the planning of the actual live event. They put together binders of flowers,  invitations, book venues and all the other crap that comes with being a bride all they need to do in insert groom here.  Can I ask is their something wrong with this picture? How about if you never meet the person or meet the ONE when you 80?  For me their is because this might be just one of the many problems that face our countries 50 percent divorce rate. When did getting married become about the wedding/party and not the marriage itself? Will you ever know if you will meet that very special someone and if you do do you see him as the person you want to spend of your life with or just a party favor added to you growing party bullshit list. I know women that live for this shit...to this day I think that I was never given the bride gene when I was born. With all the wedding sites out there I am shocked that some of these women don't lose more brain cells during the  process. I have never been wedding obsessed and I do not believe the time some people will spend on Pintrest pinning shit for their weddings...it is crazy. I have also heard through the grapevine that some sites like The Knot make it a habit of making some women feel their weddings were not adequate just because it did not fill the mold as too what this site thought made the "perfect" wedding to that I say WTF and a few other choice words but that would cause some people out there to have wedding O>M>GOD!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately I got married too young the first time around I  should have never gotten married at 21 and my wedding became my moms dog and pony show. It was over the top and extravagant and I had very little to do with it..  I divorced  8 years later and I never thought I would get married again.  To my surprise I found my true soul mate. We decided to marry after living together for 6 plus years and this time we decided this was going to be about us two and it would be a party to celebrate our union and not to be a show off opportunity for the websites. What can you say about a wedding that had the theme of Jaws when I was walking down the aisle...open bar during the whole event before, during and after and so much dancing people who sweating their balls off even before dinner was served. EVERYONE having a good time. I was celebrating my new man, my family and my friends...It was about us becoming one as a couple and not having to worry about all the this and that trivial crap.

If only we put this kind of advance planning in our career, health, and relationships..It is supposed to be about meeting that one person that makes you feel complete but I think many women have what kind of dress should I wear or what kind of entertainment do I need to be book blah blah blah on the brain.  Some people say that their wedding is going to the be the best party of their lives and if that is the case then damn your not living. To me it is like when people say that HS is the best time of their lives are you friggin kidding me?????  If HS was the best time of your life than I feel really bad for you because people there are so many other things out in this world that will rock your balls off. I believe that some of these women are dreaming about the party not the long life commitment  that they are to make.

A wedding day is just a day a marriage should last a lifetime remember that girls.........

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I know from first hand experience the crap that goes on on that knot website. :( They spent pages trashing my wedding.

joeh said...

If I had thought HS was the best time of my life I would have blown my brains out!

Michael Ann said...

Great title! Yep.... I've been married twice now (first time just 2 years, 2nd time 17). Can't imagine doing it again but I know if I do find "the one," it's a possibility. If that happens, it will be a very small and private event!

Not Winning Mom of the Year said...

You know I think it's TV. Its shows like 'Say Yes to the Dress', and "Four Weddings'and people feel like this is what is should be. This should be the most important, expensive, over the top showy moment of your like. Also magazines, like In Style Weddings, Brides, Weddings - who has a monthly subscription to this shit? I'll tell you who, those who are are planning wedding, and not a life, not a marriage, not reality. Okay, I'll stop yelling now.

Unknown said...

So true!! I just simply wasn't cool enough for a trendy wedding and didn't care....so I agree 100%!! Luckily for me the knot was barely invented when I got married lol

Mariebop said...

I didn't think about what I wanted for my wedding until I got engaged and we were together 5 1/2 years before we got engaged.

I think a wedding should be a reflection of the couple. Planning it before meeting your future husband means it's all the bride. However, Dave really didn't want any part of the planning. He would've preferred to elope. :D

Feeling the love......