Saturday, March 9, 2013

Doctor...Doctor.....


so tell me what has happened to doctors?  Yesterday I went in for my yearly 10,000 mile tune up. My regular super fantastic uber  awesome doctor is on maternity leave so I got whom ever her replacement was and let me tell ya did not like her or what she did one damn bit! First she has the personality of a wet rag did not like her at all and the woman had no bedside manners which is really important to me when it comes to a GP. Also when did doctors not do a actual touching your body physical and just type shit in a computer? WHAT THE F*CK is that all about????

For the first 1/2 hour that I was there that is all we did she asked me questions and she typed in a computer....She had no reaction to anything I said just a plain blank look on her face I don't even know if she cared one way or another about anything. I have been told that I am pretty funny and the bitch did not crack a smile at one of my weird off the wall sayings.  She did a  minute check up then she was out of there. I was left with an unsatisfying feeling of what the hell happened. Why did I feel almost betrayed by the doctor . You went to school for many years to do this in order to become a  doctor which I am sure you need a passion for and this is what you bring to the table? Thank God I had all my blood work done months ago and got results before I had to meet with this person. She left the worst taste in my mouth and if this is the road that health care is heading.... I feel really bad for this country. I understand that many doctors have become hesitant because of the many frivolous lawsuits that come there way but this cannot go on. How are you supposed to catch and help disease when the physical I received could have been given to me by my toddler with her play stethoscope.  The only thing she had to offer as in help for my peri meno symptoms was:
OH well as you get older your cycles begin to change that is it.......NO REALLY NO SHIT Sherlock I figured that shit out on my own and did not have to pay your happy depressing ass 200.00 to get that advice. I was looking for something a little more in depth A hole. OH and she advised that I go on birth control at 43 are you f*cking kidding me? Unreal!

Next week I have an appt with a homeopathic female doctor{I know really Californian here} who is supposed to be the best with women and issues that they face later on in life.  I have decided to go this route because one - I have nothing to lose and two I am sick of this type of treatment that I receive when I go to a "regular" GP.   So far I have talked to her via phone and she is pretty incredible....Fingers and toes crossed peeps!

Stay Fierce Mwah

5 comments:

joeh said...

My GP not only talks and kids with me back and forth, but all the while he is checking stuff. He is looking at eyes and movements, skin temp and color body odor and breath odor. reflexes and reactions, all signs that a good GP checks as part of his exam and you are often not aware of it.

I called him on it once as he got close with that ear thing and I said "you're checking my breath aren't you?" He said that breath can be an indicator of lots of issues. Now when I visit he just says, "Lets get this over with, breath in my face."
He must be a good GP, so far I am still above ground!

Unknown said...

I find your post interesting as I just wrote about my OB doc and why I am switching. What is wrong with health care these days. I feel like no one gives a bleep about their patients anymore. I always ask my Chiropractor if she could deliver me instead of an OB. She is great.

Mariebop said...

She was checking WebMD to be sure your answers to the questions didn't raise any red flags? LOL!

Maybe she just takes herself and life to seriously to have a sense of humor.

Sarah @ Vol Family Life said...

I know what you mean. If I am having medical problems or even just have questions, I expect answers and thought. My insurance company is paying a lot of money for this so stop acting like I am just another number. Huzzah to you for going to another doc!

CaffeinatedOCMommy said...

Ummm... maybe her lipstick wasn't bold enough?? Stay healthy Darling! xoxo

Feeling the love......